9:58a so the fridge in the condo is on it’s last legs. the front is super hot, the ice maker is broken, and it’s 14 years old. so i’m looking for a new one. i think i’ve found one, just gotta figure out how to get it up 3 flights of stairs.
1:33p no word from home depot. probably going to have to rent a fucking appliance dolly and do this myself.
anyway, gotta remember this recipe so we have a dinner for this weekend. there is part of a pork shoulder in the freezer that needs to be used. this is amy & jacky’s recipe and it’s good af:
1 lb pork butt
2 large russet potatoes
8 oz mushrooms
2 large carrots
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp oil
2 tbsp butter/smart balance
2 tbsp minced garlic
2 bay leaves
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
–2 tbsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp cold water
* salt and pepper the pork, sear on 5 minutes each side
* allow to rest for ~5 minutes
* add butter/smart balance to ip, then add mushrooms. stir to coat and sautee until browned
* slice the pork into ~1/2″ slices
* saute garlic and carrots. add bay leaves after a few minutes.
* deglaze ip with balsamic vinegar
* add chicken broth and soy sauce
* add the pork back in
* put potatoes on top
* put the lid on, high pressure for 5 minutes. natural pressure release for 10 then quick release if necessary.
* remove the vegetables and pork, whisk in cornstarch slurry. spoon gravy over top.
2:13p i have some chicken thighs in the freezer that need to get used up too. honey soy glaze here i come.
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp minced ginger
1 tsp sesame oil (i honestly can’t remember how much i used)
liberal red chili flakes
sesame seeds for garnish
— cornstarch slurry, 2tbsp/2tbsp. you probably won’t need all of it.
split marinade between 2 containers. in 1, add chicken. refrigerate other container.
marinate chicken up to 24 hours
cook chicken until it’s done
reheat reserved marinade, add slurry. cook until thickened.
4:49p you ever smelled someone’s perfume/cologne that just turns your stomach? it’s been in here all fucking afternoon and i’m dying.