1:25p i made soup last night. from budget bytes, slightly modified for the instant pot
1 tbsp olive oil
2 large sweet potatoes
1 white onion
2 tbsp minced garlic
1″ ginger, minced
1 quart vegetable broth
6 oz tomato paste
1/2 cup (128g) natural (no sugar added) peanut butter
1 tsp cumin
liberal red pepper flakes
salt and pepper
2/3 package frozen kale*
* dice white onion
* peel sweet potoatoes. cube one of the sweet potatoes, set aside.
* shred the other sweet potato and set aside in separate container from the cubed potato.
* heat olive oil in instant pot, saute function
* add white onion, cook for about 2 minutes. stir infrequently
* add ginger and garlic, saute until the onions are fully transparent and a little brown
* add seasonings
* add shredded sweet potato, saute until the shreds wilt a bit. about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. make sure the seasonings get distributed
* add a half cup or so of the vegetable broth to deglaze the pan. scrape around, make sure there isn’t anything stuck to the bottom.
* add the rest of the vegetable broth.
* turn off instant pot
* add tomato paste and peanut butter
* using an immersion blender, puree the soup. mine is always a little chunky because i have a garbage immersion blender but w/e
* add cubed sweet potatoes
* put lid on instant pot, hit manual cook – low for 13 minutes. i quick released after the timer was done and the soup was fine.
* stir in frozen kale
*or whatever green you want to use. that was in the freezer and needed to be used. budget byte’s version of this recipe called for fresh collards which is fucking great too.
i’ve only used 2 of the sweet potato from my massive bounty. i found a bad one last night though, made me sad.
2:56p thinking about making a 10 stitch blanket with my active minutes off my fitbit. what’s wrong with me? omg. i barely have time right now to work on my portable project.